1. Teaching methods of the teacher that you observed
I teach English at the primary school level, and I was assigned to class 5. For my 4 teaching demos, I held classes 5b, 5v, and 5g, and my last class was at 5b again.
Before going into teaching, we undertook 2 class observations. The first class we observed was a music class. Yes, it wasn't in accordance with the teaching I was going to carry out, but at least I could see how enthusiastic the students were in that class, what the system the teacher used was in teaching, and how students responded to every question the teacher gave them.
In my second observation, I got a class that matched the class I would be holding later, namely class 5B. At that time, Ms. Ann was teaching there. At Future School Cao Lanh, specifically for grade 5, Ms. Ann uses several teaching methods during the learning process. Student-centred learning is one of the methods they often use.
2. Their learning materials and innovation
Ms. Ann places students as learning subjects; in this case, students play an active role in every learning process by finding and exploring lesson material. Students are encouraged to be active in learning sessions with activities; for example, in discussing vacation material, students are asked to retell the story of their vacation in front of the class. Apart from that, in this method, the teacher uses media and learning resources that vary according to the material presented.
In the learning process, Ms. Ann asks questions, both to find out students' understanding of the learning that has passed and to maintain initial abilities related to the material to be studied.
![]() | |
| https://online.flipbuilder.com/sdtta/dqav/mobile/index.html#p=11 |
Ms. Ann also distributed learning materials using learning resources in the form of student books from the school. Apart from that, the teacher also uses the audio-linguistic method, which can improve students' listening skills. In this case, the teacher provides a lot of training and practice in the aspect of listening skills.
3. Sources of learning and technology used by the teachers
Schools provide learning resources for students at that school. Oxford's Everybody Up Student Book is one of the books used in grade 5. Apart from that, the teacher also provides workbooks for students to work on at home. The technology they use is PowerPoint as additional support for learning. This class is also facilitated by an LED television.
4. Authentic assessment used by the teachers
During the lesson, students demonstrated authentic evaluation by being bold and addressing Ms. Ann's questions. I saw the passion of the class 5b students, who did not hesitate to raise their hands and promptly answer questions. despite the fact that Miss Ana picked which of them should respond to it.
Miss Ana frequently prefers individuals who do not raise their hands over those who do.
Almost all of the students in 5b were able to answer questions correctly, which I loved since they were eager about speaking English.
.jpeg)


Comments
Post a Comment